The Evolution from “Guidance Counselor” to “School Counselor”
Impact of Effective School Counselors
- Improved behavior.
- Improved learning behaviors and academic outcomes.
- Reduced racial disparities in Advanced Placement courses.
- Reduced achievement gaps for minority populations with limited English language proficiency.
- Improved support for the needs of immigrant students.
- More support for students with autism spectrum disorder preparing for college.
- Higher graduation rates.
- A higher likelihood of enrolling in college.